Thursday 19 January 2012

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub Review

I have used St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub for 3-4 months now, and I think it's time for a review! The scrub claims it clears breakouts and soothes skin by gently fighting blemishes with the use of an active ingredient, 1% salicylic acid, commonly used to treat acne.




Many of you may already know that salicylic acid tends to work well, but will leave your skin burning, especially around the skin affected by blemishes as it fights acne causing bacteria. According to Wikipedia, salicylic acid helps to open up clogged pores and neutralize bacteria within, prevents pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allows room for new cell growth.

I think overall, this product works well, however,  it can be too harsh for everyday use. I only use it once or twice a week. Plus, the tiny granules in this scrub and some alcohol content can dry you out a bit too much. Most likely, you will experience a drying effect right after, but that is expected with most acne medication.

PROS:
  • gentle tiny grains
  • affordable
  • skin feels smoother
  • smells fresh
  • highly rated (3.9/5 on makeupalley.com)
  • creamy texture

CONS:
  • dries out skin
  • has to be tested (some may be allergic)
  • decent packaging, but not innovative
Value: 5/5
Packaging: 3/5

Quality: 4/5
Price: $


Overall: 4/5 

Would I buy it again? YES!

    1 comment:

    1. I swear by St. Ives! I use the apricot scrub on a regular basis... my bottle is almost gone though, so I think I might give this kind a try...

      ReplyDelete