Sunday 11 September 2011

theBalm - Balmbini - Babies of theBalm face palette

I am in love with theBalm. What a cute palette! And great quality too!
My palette after almost 3 months of use.

PACKAGING
The palette's retro/vintage inspired design is fresh and feminine and reminds me of Benefit Cosmetics and Buxom. Interesting to note: all three are based in San Francisco.

The product comes with a large built-in mirror, and separated by two magnetic-flap compartments - one for eyeshadows/blushes and the second for lipstick/gloss. As you can see, the amount of product provided is very generous for the price of $28 USD.



CONTENT:
The palette is Made in U.S.A. - hurray! - it includes some of theBalm's best-selling and popular products.

Down Boy shadow/blush - 3.5 g / 0.12 oz - this blush is a pretty matte pink perfect for the apples of my cheeks. It looks natural when you don't over do it. It's also soft and easy to apply.

Down Boy by theBalm



Hot Mama shadow/blush - 2.8 g / 0.13 oz - this blush reminds me of Orgasm by NARS. It's peachy pink with a subtle highlighting effect. I find it to be perfect for spring/summer, and especially on bronzed skin - it looks stunning!



Hot Mama by theBalm


Mary-Lou Manizer the Illuminizer - 1.5 g / 0.05 oz - is versatile silky smooth pressed powder that can be used as a highlighter to add a subtle glow or as a shadow. I think it's a must have for fair or slightly bronzed skin.


Shady Lady eyeshadow in Insane Jane and Jealous Jordana -  each 4.2 g / 0.15 oz - these shadows are buttery smooth, highly pigmented, long-lasting, and blend easily! I am in love!

theBalm Shady Lady in Jealous Jordana

Shady Lady in Insane Jane

Lipstick in Wanted - 2.6 g / 0.09 oz - is perfect for an everyday look. It's sheer cherry red, highly pigmented, moisturizing, smells good and tastes delicious! yumm

Special Edition Tinted gloss - 3.1 g / 0.11 oz - is moisturizing and not very sticky. I use it as a lipbalm.

Overall, I am very happy with the quality of this palette and the fact that the majority of products are parabens and talc free. I hope it won't be discontinued. It is perfect for everyday/office look, and I can easily pack it in my purse!

Value: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Lasting Power: 5/5
Price: $$


Overall: 5/5

Would I buy it again? YES! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I was wondering where you bought this? I've been to every Rexall that carries TheBalm in Toronto and I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at London Drugs in vancouver! I think some stores carry the 2nd edition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooo, you lucky Vancouver-ites! I'm desperately scouring eBay as we speak =)

    ReplyDelete