The Ultimate Skin Savers / How to maintain your youth
In April 2012 edition of Harper's Bazaar, I've found a few interesting articles that revealed many secrets about maintaining youthful skin. Here are some of the secrets, or well, not so much of a secret anymore! I hope you will find this information useful.
- The most important rule is to use sunscreen all year round. Then you wouldn't worry about sun damage nearly as much. But if you've already experienced some damage:
- Using a mild retinoid in a moisturizing base at night can boost collagen production and fight dark circles and crow's feet.
- Puffy eyes? Try caffeine-containing eye creams. Other ingredients that may help: green tea, chamomile or aloe.
- Big pores? Try a salicylic acid peel to cleanse your pores and fractional non-ablative lasers to help tighten them.
- Saggy skin? A lot of people claim that Olay Regenerist helps, and only costs $24.99 for a sculpting cream. I think I may try it!
- Pigmentation? Look for products with these ingredients: licorice root, niacin, kojic acid, soy and vitamin C all help treat pigmentation.
- Go easy on the grilling. Choose lowered-heat cooking methods such as steaming, poaching or using a slow cooker.
- Veggies need backup. Eat veggies and fruits together for a more powerful antioxidant effect. Think: orange, grape, and blueberries.
- Drink coffee, tea, and water instead of hard liquor or sugary juices.
- Eat pure dark chocolate. Avoid processed chocolates and candy is your enemy.
- Exercise is powerful. Workout harder, not longer. To get the most benefits, the truth is that exercise should be hard.
- Sleep 8 hours a day. Beauty sleep is not a myth!